Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

World Collection On Pages "A" Countries: Aden

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,149Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   09:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently added a cover to complement my first issue sets. The registered cover has 1-7 with the postmark from the first day. Clearly philatelic in nature as it has a card inside and has never been opened. The only Aden #1 on cover I have come across to date. Hard to find natural use of many of those cheap low face value #1's on cover.

Being philatelic, I wonder why the stamps are placed so randomly? Upside down, sideways, overlapping, etc.

More info on Aden's various first issues at http://firstissues.org/countries/aden.php

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5195 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe akin to collectors buying expensive printed albums, then putting in the stamps any old how!

Some QEII pages. You can cut the various definitive issues and their colour varieties and shades in different ways - I was comfy with this one.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   11:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice GeoffHa. Are there as you bought them or pages you made?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5195 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, the stamps are a mix of a collection I bought and some I already had. The pages are mine. I like black leaves, but they're easy to mess up and dearer than white quadrille. Much easier than they used to be, however. When I first got Gibbons's black leaves in the '60s, you had to use a peculiar white ink and a dip pen.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4979 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pages ,always enjoy looking how each collector displays their stamps .
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,149Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05