Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Netherlands : Stamps On Steiner Pages.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 1,912Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3066 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod,

I think the tulip stamp is a post paid (Post Betaald) label for use on business mailings.

Here's a strip of five similar stamps from an eBay seller's listing who just describes them as business stamps with no other details that I can see:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Nigel
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Champion!
Thanks Nigel.

Note to self..always check eBay for ID first.

Other Post Port Betaald

Explanation here:
In Dutch, Google can auto translate
https://www.bpost.be/nl/port-betaald

Edited by rod222 - 03/05/2021 03:43 am
Valued Member
Canada
155 Posts
Posted 03/04/2021   11:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add j2186 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod,

The plakzegel on the first page is listed in Benelux Revenues by Barefoot. Its catalogue number is 310 (of more than 500 plakzegels).

Also the "frying pan" issues you reference are colourless (albino) embossed, so not the same as the one you show on the first page. (These are also listed in Barefoot.)

Jan
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Right! Thank Jan,
correction noted, not sure if I can alter an old post.
I'll check out Barefoot.
Much obliged.
Pillar Of The Community
789 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   01:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Other Post Betaald

The stamps read "PORT BETAALD" as you can also see in the URL of the BPOST-link Rod provided. Some also have the French wording "PORT PAYÉ."
PostNL now calls them "attention zegels" as they make mailings appear personal by having a postage stamp instead of a meter mark.

This is a link to one on PostNL's website:
https://shop.postnl.nl/webshop/post...men-5-000-st
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   03:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A Pig posting letters

From a foggy memory.
Netherlands, Slogan cancel.
Many years ago, a good friend, I have sadly lost contact with,
Mr. Tracy Barber, offered this image on a Netherlands "Gull"
on RCSD (Recreation, Collecting, Stamps, Discuss)

The wheel turns, sometimes grindingly, but it does.
The solution was to be had eventually.

https://patmcast.blogspot.com/
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   03:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Netherlands Precancels
Bib: "The 1912 Roller Type Precancels; what's unusual about some of them"
by Hans Kremer.

Image from the study.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   03:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jan,
Information on the "Frying Pan" Issue aka "The Cauliflower Issue" (Klasboer) and FORBIN.
Pillar Of The Community
789 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   04:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting explanation of the use of a pig in the cancellation.

In German "Schwein haben" indeed means to be in luck. In Dutch, we use the word zwijn (swine) or varken (pig) for the animal. In Amsterdam, especially, the verb "zwijnen" derived from "zwijn" has the same meaning as "Schwein haben."
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3066 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   04:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The stamps read "PORT BETAALD" as you can also see in the URL of the BPOST-link Rod provided. Some also have the French wording "PORT PAYÉ."

Hi NSK,

Yes, of course. Thanks for the correction.

My fingers and brain were not firing on all cylinders. [:)

Too much forum surfing too late at night!

Quote:

PostNL now calls them "attention zegels" as they make mailings appear personal by having a postage stamp instead of a meter mark.

This is a link to one on PostNL's website:

Interesting info, thanks again.
Nigel
Edited by nigelc - 03/05/2021 05:12 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Netherlands.
A gallimaufry.

TB Seal 1959

Netherlands Indies, Love message, back of stamp.

"Gull" Issue, Syncopated Perforations.

Unknown Labels.

This delightful young fella,
Mr. Gerrit VanBruggen 1892-1968 circa
A butcher from Rotterdam.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7389 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, the two unknown labels are two "ATM" labels. The top one is an older one. I have several and they all have a tendency to fade really fast

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Pete,
I had them down as Klussendorf or Frama,
But could not see them listed in my Catalogue.

The "attention zegels" have me querying everything.
National Posts of some countries are becoming confusing,
since de regulation.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7389 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I do not believe they are in the NVPH catalog. These things are more or less generic, like the labels that the USPS uses; the amount of postage is printed by the clerk. These things come in all sorts of values depending on what you are mailing.

Peter
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31929 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   11:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Rod, I do not believe they are in the NVPH catalog. These things are more or less generic, like the labels that the USPS uses; the amount of postage is printed by the clerk. These things come in all sorts of values depending on what you are mailing.

Cheers Peter, your "ATM" confused me.
Now I get it, counter printed labels V Framas / Klusendorf

We have them in Australia, in my town, difficult to by a normal postage stamp. Our labels are boring black and white labels, but with great postage information.

Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 61 / Views: 1,912Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05