Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are These Faridkot (India) Revenue Stamps?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 471Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   01:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add restoman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Only the first 2 stamps in the top row, and possibly the first stamp in the third row seem to be listed in Scott's. Are the rest of these revenues?
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
30119 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   02:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I would encourage you to first search our magnificent forum, just using FARIDKOT.
Alas a lot of the valuable images are ruined by Photobucket

Response from our member Mr. Joy Daschaudhuri
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
30119 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   02:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Opinion:
due to the poor scan (full page, intricasies not evident)
First line, all forgeries.
Genuine 1 folus stamp should be a clear deep blue, fine details.
Possible forgeries of the reprinted 1 folus, sometime with a fake Pmk added.

Caveat: I am a just a student of the Princely states.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
148 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peterh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are all either officially produced imitations or forgeries of the same.

They were produced in many fancy colours for collectors after Faridkot had become one of the 'Convention States' and served no postal purpose.

Genuine stamps of Faridkot are handstamped in blue.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 02/04/2020   11:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add restoman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Peter and Rod for the information and for linking the response from Joy.

I am posting an image of just 3 of the "stamps" for better clarity, but I already know the answer. None of these looks handstamped, so I believe they are all the non-postal reprints or forgeries of them. It is OK, these were part of a large collection which I got for a very reasonable price years ago. I will not include these in my new Indian States album. Instead they will go into my "Cinderellas and Spurious Stamps" album.

Thank you for the help with these!
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
30119 Posts
Posted 02/05/2020   01:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome,
they still defy my understanding.

Looks like we have Peter to assist us.
FYI
1 folus = a quarter of an anna.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 471Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05