Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help To Identify Yugoslavia Airmail Stamp?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
645 Posts
Posted 03/14/2010   5:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I got this stamp with a group of Yugoslavia stamps. It looks like it should be an AIrmail stamp. I couldn't find it in my Scott catalog in the regular or Airmail section. I also couldn't find it in a Sanabria Airmail stamps catalog.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Dave N.
<><
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
USA
1881 Posts
Posted 03/14/2010   7:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nr-notrare to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave.....

It's a cut corner from a letter sheet.......not in Scott.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26014 Posts
Posted 03/14/2010   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Only in Australia we refer to them as "aerogrammes"

Pillar Of The Community
United States
645 Posts
Posted 03/14/2010   9:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Allright!

Thanks for the info.

I wonder how many there are of these Aerograme/letter sheets for Yugoslavia there are. If there are not too many, I might add them to my Yugoslavia Airs collection.

I'll keep this one and add it to my Yugoslavia Air page, just as I did for an Aussie Aerograme cut corner that I have added to my Aussie Airs page.

Kind Regards,

Dave N.
<><
Pillar Of The Community
United States
645 Posts
Posted 03/14/2010   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oldtriguy1960 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh,

Forgot to ask. What's the difference between the SG (Stanley Gibbons) 677a and 149a?

Dave N.
<><
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26014 Posts
Posted 03/14/2010   11:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
might add them to my Yugoslavia Airs collection

I would recommend it Oldtriguy,
on their own they look a little sad, but a collection can look remarkably handsome, and, proving stamp collecting can be enjoyed by any pocket, scraps like these usually are worthless.

Here is a collection of mutilated Canadian stationery, I have collected from albums "back of book"
They look really neat on a page.

The scan does not do it justice.

Pillar Of The Community
Philippines
505 Posts
Posted 03/15/2010   02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it true, or mostly true, that if there's a featured airplane in the stamp, it's an airmail stamp?
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26014 Posts
Posted 03/15/2010   04:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My guess would be un-true.
If accompanied by that country's text: air, aero, flugpost etc.
then mostly true.
Pillar Of The Community
Philippines
505 Posts
Posted 03/16/2010   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
copy. greatly true if text accompanied, thanks rod222 however difficult to read if japan stamps...
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
544 Posts
Posted 08/15/2012   7:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bamra1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder how many there are of these Aerograme/letter sheets for Yugoslavia there are. If there are not too many, I might add them to my Yugoslavia Airs collection.

The two types you have illustrated (Workers with tools and Plane in clouds) are the only two types.

The Workers type exists both as an envelope and a letter sheet:
The letter sheet exists in two shades of brown-red, one considerably darker than the other.
The envelope exists in four forms:

a) The third and fourth red lines for the address are 52mm long
b) The third and fourth red lines for the address are 54mm long and the word Salje (which means Sender) is on the back of the envelope
c)The third and fourth red lines for the address are 54mm long and Salje does not appear on the back.
d) A dark blue V shape on the lower flap at the back.

The Plane type exists in three forms:
a)The third red line for the address is 54mm long
b)The third red line for the address is 49mm long
c)The blue overlay pattern is a bright blue rather than the dull grey-blue of the other two types.

Valued Member
Bahamas
404 Posts
Posted 08/15/2012   10:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tefloncinco to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod222 you have some real cool stamp material.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26014 Posts
Posted 08/15/2012   11:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

In the eye of the beholder Teflon.
Most of my collection is 10c and below,
A lot has to do with how you present your material.

I will, and do spend amounts of $500 or more
but for suitcase lots of motley material.
My enjoyment comes form scrummaging through and identifying
strange material.

Thanks to Bamra for the Aerogramme information.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05