Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Announcing My New Position As Florida Agent For Stanley Gibbons Auctions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 670Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1991 Posts
Posted 03/29/2021   1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add shermae to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Folks,

I wish to announce that I have been hired as agent for the state of Florida, representing Stanley Gibbons Auctions. In my role I am seeking to view and secure consignments of material whether better single items, specialized groupings, or large collections. Gibbons is also interested in outright purchase of good material.

Naturally, Stanley Gibbons sweet spot is GB & Commonwealth where they are a leading world-wide auction house. My services do not cost anything nor do they reduce seller financial results.

Although my focus is on Florida, I can certainly facilitate assisting collectors elsewhere in the US. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Best,

Ed
Send note to Staff
Edited by shermae - 03/29/2021 1:25 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5457 Posts
Posted 03/29/2021   1:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Ed ,guess after this Covid thing your going to have to make the rounds with the local shows and don't forget to visit the various clubs around the state .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
874 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   12:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philatarium to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!!
-- Japan, Korea, Trucial States, Swiss booklets & more on HipStamp: https://www.hipstamp.com/store/the-philatarium

long-term member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6640 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great news Ed and all the best in your endeavors! We may be talking sooner than later.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1554 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   07:09 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations. Do you send the material back to GB for sale there?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1991 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Floortrader - Thank you. Good ideas and advice, will definitely look to have involvement in appropriate bourses and clubs. I sense things beginning to open up a bit.

Phil - Thank you.

Rog - Thank you.

KRelyea - Thanks. Yes the materials go to Great Britain for auction (or stock).

Edited by shermae - 03/30/2021 08:50 am
Learn More...
9670 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   09:39 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats Ed,
Perhaps you can get SG to support this community with a banner ad or at least a sponsorship of a forum category.
Don
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32846 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, Shermae.

We have an ex Stanley Gibbons man, in Perth here, Western Australia
That has done exremely well (Ace Stamp Auctions)

Mr. Ian Boulton

After working on a part time basis for a local stamp dealer whilst studying at university, I went to the London '90 exhibition where I was displaying my Kingsford Smith Airmails collection. It was during this visit that I responded to a job advertisement for a junior auction valuer/describer at Stanley Gibbons in The Strand. Obviously considering my age and limited philatelic background, I never seriously considered the possibility of a job offer but at the least I was hoping to register my interest in working for them one day. Well the one day became the following Monday!

https://acestampauctions.com/about.php
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1991 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   10:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much Rod.

Thanks Don- actually, that is my plan as I've noticed an empty slot in the bottom ribbon of ads. It's going to be a process. I've asked for certain support specifically for my designated area of Florida which is under consideration but as yet not approved. So at some point I hope to speak with you more about involvement on this site as I'm sure SG is open to it.
Pillar Of The Community
949 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NSK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I met Ian Boulton several times at 399 The Strand when he worked for Stanley Gibbons.
Valued Member
United States
293 Posts
Posted 03/30/2021   9:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add classic_paper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! I'm not certain how one goes about becoming an SG rep, but whatever hoops you jumped through, are hoops none of us did!

I'm sure SG would have more interest... if there were a BC forum.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1991 Posts
Posted 03/31/2021   12:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Classic_paper - Thanks for the kind words and great idea.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 670Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05