Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany Tete Beche Need Help Please

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,050Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

France
163 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add naufrago to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,does eny body have some information about this 2 tetes beches because I onli find simple stamp from 1921 with a amazing price for the 10 cents olive green
thanks
naufrago

***Please do not type in all capital letters***
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5724 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   1:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are stamps from the uncut booklet strips. So, they do not appear in the booklets as tete beche pairs. They are Michel #s K5 (28 euros) and K6 (25 euros). As mint, never hinged tete beche pairs they catalog at 2.80 euros and 2.40 euros.

So, I believe the catalog price for your stamps would be for expertized examples.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by bookbndrbob - 04/03/2021 1:30 pm
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ekbustad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are from sheets that were produced to be cut up into booklet panes. These two stamps would have been intended for separate panes, but the sheets were also sold intact to collectors who could break then up differently. My old 2010 Michel catalog gives this tete-beche pair of 10 pf stamps the catalog number of "K 5". The pair of 30 pf stamps is "K 6". Catalog value as used was 50 euros each.
Valued Member
France
163 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   2:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add naufrago to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks people very kind of you, I have used 10 pfs olive green normal stamp 300$ in world stamp, will be better to sell them as single? thanks

*** Edited by Staff to remove YELLING. All capital letters is the internet version of yelling. Please don't do it in titles or posts. ***
Learn More...
9360 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   2:39 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why are the cancels identical? No naufrago, they are not worth a lot of money UNLESS you spend money to get them expertized.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5278 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe the cancels are questionable as being real .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6239 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3096 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rip-off
Learn More...
9360 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   3:10 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Grrrr. My patience is running out (continual rule violations and not listening to feedback).

We need to figure out how to prevent this kind of thing from happening. People use website like StampWorld and Swedish Tiger, selectively take advice here to treasure hunt and then go make this kind of listings.
I could simply lock the accounts of people doing this here but I assume it is better to try to help clueless treasure hunters like naufrago than to just cut them off. But this is not the first time he has misidentified stamps and then picked out the things he wanted to hear and go on to make listings like this. Do I just shut him down here, do we just answer everyone of his threads with 'NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EXPENSIVE STAMP' or ?????
Don
Valued Member
Romania
412 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello naufrago,
The 10pf stamp is Michel # 159 (watermark Wz.1)
The catalog mentions two shades:
a = (blackish) brown-olive. Used = 2.5 Euro
b = black-olive. Used = 350 Euro
Because I think it's brown-olive, it's not financially advantageous to separate them.
Can you read anything from postal cancellation? date/town?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5724 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To do list

1. Never respond to naufrago ever again.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6239 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I well and truly don't get it. Why even ask on this forum if you could actually care less about the truth or opinions in general and intend to create a deceptive or spurious listing no matter what. What is the point?
Learn More...
9360 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   3:42 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cupram,
Anyone with any eyesight can see that the cancels are identical; the odds of this happening with real cancels is near zero. And anyone with even a small amount of experience would know that expert certifications are needed to be listing this kind of material.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5278 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamp is the wrong color to be the blackish olive color . ,his stamp is the same as mine plus the cancels are all wrong .
Edited by floortrader - 04/03/2021 4:08 pm
Learn More...
9360 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   4:15 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It does not matter, he is a treasure hunter.

Websites which promote rarities or publish high values without educating users are typically clickbait; cashing on the traffic they get. They know that there is a large number of users who are simply treasure hunting and they take advantage of that fact to cash in on the traffic it generates.

That leaves the education to forums, dealers, and stamp clubs to deal with the costly education. And the education ALWAYS occurs in one of several forms. Sometimes the education is with the treasure hunter themselves but they often are only willing to listen to things which verify their misconceptions. Other times it is education of the suckers they have trolled with their inane misidentified listings. And other times the education comes years later as family members stumble across the misidentified material.

I typically try to support any kind of collecting but in my opinion, this is the primary reason that treasure hunting should be discouraged. It tends to defers (or even avoid) the educational part of the hobby.
Don
Valued Member
Romania
412 Posts
Posted 04/03/2021   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Don
When the budget is small, treasure hunting is justified.
I bought all the plate flaws at the price of a common stamp.
To succeed in this I had to look for information (thank you stampcommunity, stamporama, etc.), buy catalogs (or receive them for free-thank you Postmaster GS) or other works specialized.
Is it wrong if I have accumulated information, to use them during the purchase?
To be honest, who doesn't want to buy a valuable stamp that the seller doesn't know how to recognize?
But let me return to the subject of discussion.
Floortrader- It's night to me and the picture is taken in the light of the desk lamp.
There is a clear difference in shade, but I'm not convinced it's Michel # 159b (black-olive)

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,050Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05