Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Australia Post Does It .again

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 754Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
102 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bought some lots in an auction in Western Australia. The package is tracked, of course.

The auction house mailed the item and for three days Australia Post showed no new updates.

Three days after mailing an update was posted. It arrived in Melbourne. That same day it was sent to the facility nearest my house.

And then nothing again for three days until I woke up early this morning to check to see if it would be delivered to my house TODAY.

You know, it doesn't/shouldn't take more than three days from Melbourne to the Melbourne suburbs to be delivered.

Well guess what?

It isn't coming today.

Why?

Here is why:

"Incorrectly sorted and forwarded to correct location

ECHUCA VIC

Mon 28 Jun, 5.04am

Column, event date and time"

So instead of sending to the correct location, they shipped it off to a place that is 250 kilometers way from my location!!!

And of course I signed up for tracking information via email - it hasn't worked either. Not one update via email.

I am so sick and tired of the crap service and mistakes from Australia Post.

How in the world could they send the package to a place that doesn't even have the same first letter as the suburb I live in?

It doesn't even have a postcode that is similar.

Now I wonder how many more days I'll have to wait for the package and even if it will arrive.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32884 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   8:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

I love Australia Post,
15-20 years of sending and receiving mail, locally and from overseas,
with just 1 failure, my very first swap to a University in Turkey.

In the heat scale, I registered maybe "concern" with a parcel from Canada that took circa 60 days.

I take Cake and bikkies and chocolate, to the staff every Christmas,
I appreciate what they do for me, day in, day out.

We are in challenging times, I know I get only 2 deliveries per week in my PO Box, and if a mail misses 1 truck, it may take a further 4 days.
No need for concern, it always turns up.
Time to chill.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Australia
102 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"No need for concern, it always turns up."

Well my last purchase from the USA didn't turn up.

And of the last two eBay purchases the better half made...one didn't turn up.

Fact of the matter is that Australia Post screwed up again.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32884 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To accuse Australia Post, one needs evidence first.
Did the vendors post their items?
Was it stolen in transit?

It may be wiser to have an open mind.
I have seen instants here, where supposedly lost mail eventually turns up.

Quote:
Fact of the matter is that Australia Post screwed up again.

That is not a fact. It is a supposition.
The fact is, you want to vent, and that's OK
Edited by rod222 - 06/27/2021 10:27 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32884 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   10:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32884 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   11:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Western Australia 2020

Edited by rod222 - 06/27/2021 11:06 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32884 Posts
Posted 06/27/2021   11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It may not be Australia Post.
It may be the community you live in........
Pillar Of The Community
United States
702 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   01:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am so sick and tired of the crap service and mistakes from Australia Post.

Two active threads about your delivery issues. Clearly it is frustrating you.

My first suggestion is to request all stamp material be sent to you Registered for better security.

Second, perhaps it is time you start to request and pay shipping by private carriers such as FedEx Australia or UPS-Australia. If your sellers will not use your chosen service then don't do business.

There is commerce which does not require the internet nor mail order.

Quote:
Well my last purchase from the USA didn't turn up.

And of the last two eBay purchases the better half made...one didn't turn up.

Yet.

Now to put it into perspective, you have not yet received less than five packages. In the last year, the Australian Post handled 2,800,000,000 pieces of mail. Here in the USA, Florida to be exact, a Condominium building collapsed, killing likely a hundred or so people. Digging continues. The current population of the USA is 330,000,000 folks of which I am one. I had a greater chance to die in a sinkhole building collapse that you never receiving all of the packages about which you are upset. I did not die in a building collapse last week, but people did, there luck was bad. It happens. Packages are lost, it happens. Now think back to your education days. Did you get a perfect score on each and every test? Once out of school was your work performance better than all of your co-workers? Well if you were not perfect, you failed at a greater rate percentage than the post office does. But go ahead and rail at the folks that do better than you do if it makes you feel better. That will certainly get your packages to arrive, right?
Edited by Parcelpostguy - 06/28/2021 01:46 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
702 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   02:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect auxiliary markings. I have a favorite one which seems appropriate to mention here. Here is a photo of a cover with the auxiliary marking in question:

"Found in supposedly empty equipment" is an easy phrase to understand, but the possible items of equipment though empty is far from from boring.

My "best" such delayed item was a letter send by registered mail in 1913 with appropriate US parcel post stamps pay the postage and fees. OVER 50 YEARS LATER (late 1960s), it was found in the bottom of a registered mail security bag (pouch) though to have been empty for that duration. The clerk who found the letter wrote a memo to his postmaster which in short asked, "Now what?" The answer was try delivery to the addressee. If unable to deliver it, return via registered mail back to the sending company. I wish I knew and had the contents but they were returned to the sending company. I just possess the cover and the handwritten memorandum on post office memo pad paper.
Valued Member
Australia
102 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   06:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"To accuse Australia Post, one needs evidence first.
Did the vendors post their items?
Was it stolen in transit?"

Gee, can I make it any more clear than in my post?

The item was posted.

It has a tracking number.

It was sent and arrived in Melbourne.

It was then sent to a place called Echuca which is some 200 kilometers on the other side of Melbourne.

That is all data from Australia Post - the HORSES MOUTH.
Valued Member
Australia
102 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   06:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melbourne_yankee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

"There is commerce which does not require the internet nor mail order."

Sure there is, but kind of hard to do when you are in lockdown and not able to travel more than a set number of kilometers.

Here in Melbourne we were locked down again and were not able to travel more than 25 kilometers from our home. Before that it was 10 kilometers and before that it was 5 kilometers.

Attending a stamp auction interstate was not possible.

Furthermore during the first part of the most recent lockdown (which by the way was our 4th so far) one was only permitted to leave the house for certain reasons and shopping at a stamp shop (they were all closed) or attending an auction (they were ALL cancelled) was not one of them.

And:

"Did you get a perfect score on each and every test? Well if you were not perfect, you failed at a greater rate percentage than the post office does."

Ridiculous, asinine comparison that is in no way related to the current situation regarding a parcel that was sent in the wrong direction.

If one passes a test even without a perfect score, one does not 'fail'. If one does not deliver a parcel, the result is a fail.

And for your reading pleasure here are a couple of review sites for Australia Post:

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/co...spost.com.au

https://www.productreview.com.au/li...stralia-post

And here is another example which is not my parcel:

https://auspost.com.au/mypost/track...258161358099

Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   10:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jconey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Parcelpostguy: I think you're the first one I've run into that collects "auxiliary markings". In the past, I have received several bags and notes from USPS that were delivered with partially destroyed mail in. For a while in the 90's there was a sorting machine (my guess) that would occasionally eat mail, somewhere between Hagerstown MD and York Pa. Never thought about including them in my collection before. Might be an interesting subcategory.
Pillar Of The Community
3766 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jconey:
There are quite a few who collect auxiliary markings, including me.
Try this site for the Auxiliary Markings Club:
https://www.postal-markings.org/
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
927 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I never knew that term thank you - auxiliary markings. In the back of a stockbook recently purchased, are several pages of auxiliary markings, air mail/special delivery tags, etc. Mostly Canadian, but also US, UK, worldwide. If anyone has interest, feel free to PM me and I'll provide more details. I don't really want to keep them and otherwise they will languish there as they don't fit with what I sell...

~Greg
Pillar Of The Community
United States
702 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have received several bags and notes from USPS that were delivered with partially destroyed mail in

What we collectors in the States call "body bags."
Pillar Of The Community
United States
702 Posts
Posted 06/28/2021   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If one passes a test even without a perfect score, one does not 'fail'. If one does not deliver a parcel, the result is a fail.

Ah, yes, the fine double standard of lack of perfection of oneself is acceptable but perfection by others is expected and demanded.

Good luck with that, let me know how it works out for you.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 754Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05