Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Russia A773 Scott's #1410

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,366Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it stood out as different
Is this something that would happen often?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7385 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well we know that there is at least one sheet of these.

I have not seen any but as I said before, Russian stamps have a lot of printing and perforation issues.

Your stamp is a great example and also nicely centered with a neat cancel.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 07/02/2021   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet piece to add to my book :)
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/09/2021   3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bump*
I'm curious about another,
doubling on the stamp on the right or just a inking issue?

Edited by Just_fella - 10/09/2021 3:09 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7385 Posts
Posted 10/09/2021   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Inking issue.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/09/2021   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! thanks rodgcam, inking issue work for me.
I had to ask… I was throw off after finding a block of 4 with "double impression" sold on stampauctionnetwork
Personally couldn't see anything different just looked slightly over-inked
Could have been my lack of experience

Thanks again
Edited by Just_fella - 10/09/2021 4:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7385 Posts
Posted 10/09/2021   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the lot that you are talking about. There is no comparison to your stamp whatsoever.

If you are going to reference something provide a link or picture.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/09/2021   6:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fair enough.

Thanks again
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no argument against this being a inking issue. Actually prefer it to be I have a doubled already.

Reason I questioned and compared the two was simple,
I couldn't compare these.

the reason I guess I tied to compare the other two I think is cause the star area.

hung up on something,
I can easily picture a over-inked stamps having ink where it's not supposed to be,
But not having ink in a spot where it's supposed to be is throwing me off.

Just trying to understand,
I took the time to line up everything and figure it out best I could
Silly little thing that's messing me up is a small blank space where there should be ink
Would this be ink pull?

Might seem petty,
I just don't get it so I figured I'd ask

Edited by Just_fella - 10/14/2021 08:10 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
7385 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Might seem petty,

Yup.

Postage stamps are not machined titanium parts for the Space Shuttle. They are mass produced paper and ink. Millions were produced of the stamp you keep magnifying. The Russians and Soviets were not exactly known for problem free stamp printing. Magnify it enough and you will likely find numerous inky things that seem odd.

Is there a real question about anything here?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it's a doubled image, that silly area was bugging me
So I looked elsewhere and am positive now…wouldn't have minded just being over-inked I already have a clearer double
It really doesn't matter, I just do this for fun

Edited by Just_fella - 10/14/2021 3:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
3249 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   5:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Forgeries of the 40k to defraud the post exist.They are more common than one may think.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   5:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll make sure to add possibly a forgery beside it
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
34083 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a cursory read here.
Is it not, one stamp is Typographed, and t'other is Lithographed ?
I have a faint recall these definitives, came in 2 types.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1234 Posts
Posted 10/14/2021   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Just_fella to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

1689a
Edited by Just_fella - 10/14/2021 10:11 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,366Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05