Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Germany: Cancellation Premium.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 403 / Views: 54,054Next Topic
Page: of 27
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 01/06/2019   05:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another that may interest Postmaster GS.
Fieldpost.
eBay 99c (shall watch the price skyrocket)

Sold (45 bids) $70

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 02/21/2019   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Any information available on this fellow please?
KOLN DEUTZ 10

Edited by rod222 - 02/21/2019 1:44 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 02/21/2019   2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

The cancel (KÖLN-DEUTZ 1 e) is from the Deutz neighborhood of Cologne.

The fragment is from a receipt of some sort. I'll check my literature when I get home from work to see if I can ID it.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 02/21/2019   2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Postmaster.
Deutz 1e ...thanks

Quote:
The fragment is from a receipt of some sort.

Sorry, my bad,
Fragment of a Belgian Rail Parcel receipt TUBIZE to KOLN (Cologne)
Sorry I was not more explicit.

I was wondering if the rail did indeed connect, but Googling confirmed that.

Obverse

Edited by rod222 - 02/21/2019 2:44 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 02/22/2019   01:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postmaster,
broadcasting my appreciation of your most generous gift, some time ago.
(The stamps I took, was well in excess of US $100 catalogue)

As per your wish, I have sent the balance on, to an SCF colleague back in the US, whom, sent me US Cut squares album ($35 US postage he met himself)

The stamps are racking up some frequent flyer points........

Generosity and fraternity on SCF. Thank you.
(Typos noted on second page)

Edited by rod222 - 02/22/2019 01:06 am
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 02/22/2019   09:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good, Rod!!! Glad you were able to make something useful out of that batch.
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Etiquettes.
Seek any comments, ID etc.
Thank you.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   12:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

The pink label simply asks the postal worker to ensure a clean cancel because it's a stamp collector's letter.

The second is more complicated, and I'm not sure if the following is 100% correct. From what I've been able to ascertain, however...

For many years, East Germany had an organization called the Kulturbund, or German Cultural Association, which was supposed to support German cultural pursuits and projects. One of its sub-entities was the Philatelistenverband, or Philatelist's Association. One of its principal goals was to facilitate international stamp exchanges.

At the time, there were limits in East Germany on the value of unused postage that East Germans could send abroad without receiving equal values back in return. These green and white stamps were part of a bureaucratic process designed to monitor the exchanges for compliance with those laws. International stamp exchanges by East German collectors were only possible through the Philatelistenverband/Kulturbund. The outbound letter would be delivered unsealed to an official government office (Tauschkontrollstelle, or Exchange Control Office), with a list of the stamps enclosed for exchange. The value of the stamps would be determined by the Lipsia catalog, which was the standard philatelic catalog in East Germany.

The green and white stamps were used in pairs. One was used on the outbound letter. The other was sent to the recipient inside the envelope, who would use it on the return letter. Upon receipt of the return letter, the East German collector would then have to show that they had received it with the return control stamp attached, and the foreign stamps would be inventoried to ensure they were roughly equal in value to the East German stamps sent in the original shipment.

On your stamp, you can see the cancel of the PHILATELISTENVERBAND IM DEUTSCHEN KULTURBUND (Philatelic Association of the German Cultural Association), and that it was processed at Tauschkontrollstelle 15 B.

The text on the stamp translates as follows: Tauschsendung = exchange shipment, ZKPH = Zentraler Kurierdienst Philatelie, or Central Official Philatelic Courier.

Here's a rough translation of a German Wikipedia article on these stamps, and here's a page showing more.
Edited by PostmasterGS - 03/17/2019 12:28 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   12:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postmaster.
How utterly fascinating.
Your research and reply, as usual, is perfect. Thank you so much.
Thanks for your time spent on my behalf.
Shall use for my Album Page.

An example portion of the above link.

Edited by rod222 - 03/17/2019 12:14 am
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 04/18/2019   11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Any information available on the Pmk DEUTSCHES ETAPPEN LAZARETT
Please? (Beautiful handwriting)
Edited by rod222 - 04/18/2019 11:42 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Netherlands
636 Posts
Posted 04/19/2019   02:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Johan Buvelot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Rod.

Etappen in postmarks from that era most of the time describe a place were the army had its hospital, materials, supplies etc etc. a place most often behind the front line. These etappen were most often 1 day apart to build up a reliable supply line.

Reading the card is not easy(Old German). But the writer is congratulating the recipient with his birthday.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2272 Posts
Posted 04/19/2019   03:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod,

To add to what Johan said, Lazarett means hospital.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 04/19/2019   03:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both, gentlemen.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4614 Posts
Posted 04/19/2019   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From my trading partner in Gotha 3.7.85

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 05/03/2019   10:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Query on the fabulous "Stampfix" program.
I cannot find a solution to batching stamps with labels
Stampfix always seems to want to isolate one stamp (recognising perfs I suspect)

Any workaround? or just newbie user?
No big deal, I can scan individually, but just curious.
Example that was refusing.......
Sc#1751 1988 16cor.
Page: of 27 Previous TopicReplies: 403 / Views: 54,054Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05