Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Odd Shapes On Stamps (Including Hexagons)

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 167 / Views: 26,851Next Topic
Page: of 12
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32508 Posts
Posted 06/06/2010   05:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nicely done 22 crows,
how do you manage that?
Belong to the ATA?

When I scoured my database, it listed the Italian stamp
and as I whizzed through the listings, I missed
the "divina proportione" (tucked away top left)

Note: another top design by Corrado Mezzana

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rod222 - 06/06/2010 05:40 am
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 06/29/2010   4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Japan 2008

A bit corner creased but I am happy I have another hex related stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
737 Posts
Posted 06/29/2010   6:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ryan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A bit corner creased but I am happy I have another hex related stamps.

By coincidence, just the other day I found a couple of hexagonal stamps from Namibia in the mountains of kiloware I can't (or won't) stop buying. I thought they looked nice, so I had a look and found they were from souvenir sheets with extremely low print runs, only 10,000 sheets in the case of Namibia. They were a joint issue with a number of other countries in southern Africa - in the case of Swaziland, only 1000 sheets were printed! I doubt I'll come across too many more of these in my kiloware ...

http://www.namibstamps.com/namibia2004birds.htm

Ryan

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 06/29/2010   8:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa ! Leave it to the Mexicans and their skeletons ! this one will probably not win any medals for me..but its kind of interesting !!

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 06/30/2010   01:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like it Phil. Good visual impact. Hits you where you live.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/24/2010   11:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hungary 1960 Winter Olympics Issue
6 regular stamps, 1 airmail stamp
Hexagons on stamps.

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 12/05/2010   6:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Souvenir Sheets with odd-shaped things . . .
An irregular pentagonal (5-sided) residential building in Malmo, Sweden.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Torso

Called the HSB Turning Torso, it twists 90 degrees in nine sections from the ground to the top 54th floor.

Haven't got this one yet, it just struck me as special somehow.
Photo couresy Sweden Post http://www.posten.se
Edited by Puzzler - 12/05/2010 6:33 pm
Valued Member
Spain
266 Posts
Posted 12/05/2010   6:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AndrewF31 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Switzerland had some funny looking shapes on stamps this year in this set:

They make me dizzy but I bought them when I got some Christmas products from Helvetia Post.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 12/05/2010   10:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, amazing what a few lines drawn a certain way can do to you.
I'm dizzy. I mean, usually, yes, but more so now.
After looking at the stamps. Because of the stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 12/05/2010   11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Europa 1992 Turkey
500th anniversary of the discovery of America by Colombus

Edited by timbres667 - 12/05/2010 11:23 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6745 Posts
Posted 12/06/2010   01:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't been able to spend much time on SCF. But this was a great thread for me to sneak a peek into!

Fantastic stamps/pics everyone!

k
Valued Member
United Kingdom
278 Posts
Posted 12/24/2010   6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add David King to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
G. L. Vasarhelyi? He has designed many stamps, including some quite awful ones for Tuvalu:

BeeSee, those are amazingly bad . . . they belong in the "ugliest stamp" thread!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3547 Posts
Posted 12/24/2010   10:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not so very odd, perhaps, but different, anyway. Part of the Observatory built by Maharaja Jai Singh II at Jaipur:

From Wiki: The Jantar Mantar is a collection of architectural astronomical instruments, built by Maharaja (King) Jai Singh II at his then new capital of Jaipur between 1727 and 1734. It is modeled after the one that he had built for him at the Mughal capital of Delhi. He had constructed a total of five such facilities at different locations, including the ones at Delhi and Jaipur. The Jaipur observatory is the largest and best preserved of these. It has been inscribed on the World Heritage List as "an expression of the astronomical skills and cosmological concepts of the court of a scholarly prince at the end of the Mughal period".[1] Early restoration work was undertaken under the supervision of Major Arthur ffolliott Garrett, a keen amateur astronomer, during his appointment as Assistant State Engineer for the Jaipur District.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 12/24/2010   10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating what one can observe with just some math and some basic instruments.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
3547 Posts
Posted 12/24/2010   10:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tonymacg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what the neighours would say if I erected one in our backyard, though ...
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 167 / Views: 26,851Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05