Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Space Travel Stamps Do You Have?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 411 / Views: 60,518Next Topic
Page: of 28
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 04/05/2008   9:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add gussyboy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What SPACE TRAVEL stamps do you have?

Here is one of mine from one of my favorite movie "Star Wars".
This is the Millennium Falcon. The starship of legendary Commander Han Solo . He and his trusty first mate, Chewbacca, flew the starship in the "Star Wars" movies.

This US 41 cent stamp was issued 5/25/2007

THANKS FOR ANY ADDITIONS YOU WISH TO SHARE!
Gussyboy1

Send note to Staff
Nobody gets in to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not No How!"

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9747 Posts
Posted 04/06/2008   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gussy heres a Hungary strip of 2 with a label inbetween..i have lots of space stamps and covers and no particular interest in them so you could have them for cost or LESS..i have a lot of stuff laying around..cheers, phil

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3748 Posts
Posted 04/06/2008   3:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here a few of mine

Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
2 Posts
Posted 04/06/2008   7:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slowly but surely to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've started working on collecting some space stamps lately. There seems to be a ton out there from some random countries. I'd like to get a better sense of what's available before I get too many. I found one page that seemed to be a pretty complete list of US space stamps through 2000.

http://www.collectspace.com/resourc...mpguide.html

Does anyone know of anything comparable for non-US space stamps?
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2864 Posts
Posted 04/06/2008   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2864 Posts
Posted 04/06/2008   10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Czechoslovakia April 25, 1963
Registered Mail First Day Cover
(Prague to New Jersey)
Sc. #1171 60 haleru - Spacecraft to & from Moon
Sc. #1172 1 koruna - Interplanetary Station & Mars
Sc. #1173 1.60 koruna - Atomic Rocket & Jupiter
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1881 Posts
Posted 04/06/2008   11:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nr-notrare to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here you go Gussy.....

Not exactly a space stamp but one of the early test items leading to them.

Rocket Mail.....Signed on the back by Stephen H. Smith, who conducted a long series of tests in India in 1935. Almost every rocket that was launched actually carried mail with one of these stamps (one of a group of four) (there were about a dozen types used in India) Covers signed by Smith and bearing a rocket mail stamp can sell for $200.00 - $400.00 There are also US & Canadian Rocket Mail test stamps and also European items, I believe.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 04/07/2008   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome stuff guys and gals!! Keep those space travel pics coming!
I love them all!

Gussyboy1
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 04/08/2008   3:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Image Insert:

Apollo 8 was the first manned space capsule that orbited the moon in Dec, 1968. There were three men aboard and on Christmas Eve they read from the book of Genesis from the Bible. Scott catalogue #1371
Thanks!
Gussyboy1
Edited by gussyboy1 - 04/08/2008 3:40 pm
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 04/08/2008   4:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sierra Leone, stamp issue to honor China's first astronaut

A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 04/29/2008   1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some of my SPACE ITEMS: (Courtsey of my friendly space supplier*)

1) Russian cover with Space Stamps--I think John has this
stamp,too.
2) Apollo 15 cover 1971 Polish with Copernicus stamp (I have to say
Copernicus looks very much like a woman on this stamp, but not as
much as on t360's stamp above!)

Thanks!
Gussyboy1
Edited by gussyboy1 - 04/29/2008 4:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 04/29/2008   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
SPACE THE FINAL FRONTIER...Or Is It?!

1. Apollo 17 (Recovery Force) cover with two airmail and First Man on the Moon stamp (dated 1972)

2. Cape Canaveral 1962 Cover with Project Mercury stamp

Thanks!
Gussyboy1
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 04/29/2008   1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First Israeli Astronaut

A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1881 Posts
Posted 04/29/2008   5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nr-notrare to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gussy.......

Here's a couple on a Soviet cover.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1749 Posts
Posted 04/29/2008   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gussyboy1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tom, That's a mighty colorful SPACE cover!

Thanks!
Gussyboy1 STAMPS MAKE ME SMILE!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1927 Posts
Posted 04/29/2008   6:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Triggersmob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Latest offering from Aus.

Steve
Page: of 28 Previous TopicReplies: 411 / Views: 60,518Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05