Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Country Is This, Thought It Was Sweden

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
750 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Edwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Having issues with this one, thought it was Sweden not sure

most of the stamps where this came from are mid to late 1850-1899 if this help anyone.

Send note to Staff
Edited by Edwin - 09/19/2010 4:54 pm

Pillar Of The Community
USA
646 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuhli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Denmark, official stamp, either O08 (pref 14X13) or O10 (perf 13)
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eopie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
TJENESTE-FRIMAERKE: Denmark, officials (1871-1924) [Service stamp].
TJANESTE-FRIMARKE: Sweden, officials (1881-1919) [Service stamp].

I think that your stamp is the Denmark one.

I found that much out. I was checking my Scott and I see a few it could be but I am not sure it depends on the watermark and perf.

Hope this helps some. I am still new at WW and learning myself. I have about 3 or 4 sites I have to use still to get some of these.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
646 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   5:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuhli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
btw, O08 is from 1875, O10 is from 1899-1902
Pillar Of The Community
USA
646 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kuhli to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
also, 3 lions in arms = Denmark, 3 crowns in arms = Sweden
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   5:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Neat stamp, I like the pyrmids in the corners.
And the coat of arms of course.
Pillar Of The Community
750 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Edwin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, yet again..answered in mere mins...
Valued Member
USA
246 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   6:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Prince Afa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Cancel. I would not have said that a year ago.

Oh crapola - what kind of people am I hanging out with?
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   7:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You have been assimilated into the stamp mind.
Pillar Of The Community
750 Posts
Posted 09/19/2010   8:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Edwin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, I didn't even notice the cancel,other then it got in my way of reading it... I guess I'm still fresh meat.
did notice some BAR cancel's on some stamps I did earlier, they were worth like 3 times more with them.
Edited by Edwin - 09/19/2010 8:14 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05