Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lundy Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 14,111Next Topic
Page: of 3

United Kingdom
4 Posts
Posted 11/28/2010   11:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add LordWotsit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Send note to Staff

Learn More...
United States
4718 Posts
Posted 11/28/2010   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
$1.00

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 11/29/2010   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great collection from Lundy! Thanks for sharing.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31290 Posts
Posted 01/27/2011   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Lundy Booklet (not for sale Kirk!)

Wanted to buy : Any year Lundy Catalogue.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2547 Posts
Posted 01/27/2011   9:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Russ to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31290 Posts
Posted 01/27/2011   10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tips me hat, Russ.

16 Puffins = second class mail rate.
(going by vessel?)

Edited by rod222 - 01/27/2011 10:43 pm
Learn More...
United States
4718 Posts
Posted 01/28/2011   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod -- very cool to advertise the collector's club in the booklet.

Nice stuff,
Kirks
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 01/28/2011   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Both the UK and USA branches of the LCC issued special items, some of which are quite scarce.

A few can be seen here:

http://www.stampingonlundy.co.uk/Lu...Material.htm

There is much more not shown here.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31290 Posts
Posted 01/28/2011   5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

...most can be seen in Londonbus' stockbooks.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 01/28/2011   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
most can be seen in Londonbus' stockbooks.

Sadly not Rod !
But I do have some Red Cross overprints !

Londonbus1
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
737 Posts
Posted 01/29/2011   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ryan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wanted to buy : Any year Lundy Catalogue.

Rod, there`s a CD-based PDF catalogue available for Lundy. I have a 2010 copy but must admit I haven`t perused it to any degree so I can`t offer a review. Looks like plenty of info there, though.

http://lundy2007.tripod.com/

Ryan
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3040 Posts
Posted 01/29/2011   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recommend Stamps and Postal History of Lundy Island (5th Edition) edited by Jon Aitchison (2009). It seems very thorough with lots of illustrations of stamp varieties and cancellations etc.
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 01/29/2011   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The CD that Ryan mentioned is excellent. Mine is an older 2007 copy.
Excellent information.

Haven't seen the Aitchison catalogue but I do get his quite amazing buying lists.

Londonbus1
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 01/29/2011   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 01/29/2011   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31290 Posts
Posted 01/29/2011   7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys,
there is one
Stamps and Postal History of Lundy Island (5th Edition) edited by Jon Aitchison (2009

but AUD $50, a bit steep for moi at the moment.
I'll see if I can wait and buy a used copy.
I prefer hardback than CD
(It's a tactile thing)
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 14,111Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 8.84 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05