Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Polar Bears On Stamps, Covers And Cards.

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6186 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Londonbus1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
With my friend Dor in mind, here is a thread about Polar Bears on Philatelic items.
I am sure she will add to it, it would be nice to see some of her collection.

Here is one I have, will look for a few more......

Londonbus1.....over to you Dor !
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1227 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mhc99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Londonbus, here is a Canadian polar bear stamp with a polar bear cancel.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
United States
12128 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wt1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple of US issues:

Scott #1429

Scott #1885 (from booklet pane)

Scott #4387
Pillar Of The Community
United States
860 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   12:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add raywrio to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

That is one of the best cancels I've ever seen. Its' not a CTO is it? Almost to perfect.
Valued Member
Norway
260 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yobo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Norway just issued this stamp now in January.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1227 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mhc99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
raywrio, with regard to your question about the cancel, I googled the cancel and found on eBay a "Polar Bear 2000
Stamp & Coin Commemorative Collection" for sale. In the collection which was issued by Canada Post is a coin and the stamp with the same cancellation. The collection states that the stamp cancel reflects the day of issue of the two dollar polar bear coin. Would such a cancel be considered CTO?

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1227 Posts
Posted 03/02/2011   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mhc99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a cover with the same polar bear stamp I previously displayed.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
27572 Posts
Posted 03/03/2011   02:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a lovely 2011 Norway stamp.

Learn More...
United States
4680 Posts
Posted 03/03/2011   10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Great thread, Londonbus

KirkS
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   02:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
okay...did not do this correctly............
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   02:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I guess I cannot post pictures.....I found the directions, and it said I am supposed to see a green camera.....but I don't............
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   02:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
oh....there it is...I guess I found the "secret"...anyway, I think I got this cover from my dad...like the one that mhc99 posted, only with an additional postmark for the US stamp. My dad is a member of APS and the Anchorage Philatelic Society.
Valued Member
United States
38 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   02:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dor to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll post some more of my bears tomorrow
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dors, welcome if I haven't said it before (short memory here). If you are having a problem with posting pics make sure they are under the 90kb size and the file name has no spaces or special characters.

Also when posting you mostly have to (I do anyway) use the Reply To Topic link on Top of the thread, not the Quick Replay at the botom. The top one opens up a whole new window with the green camera at bottom and editing icons at top.

If you are into doing it yourself instead of using icons you can just do some fancy typing [ img] image name here [/img ] (but without the spaces). I haven't used that wau myself yet so can't offer good advise regarding it.

Some folks link to Photobucket or Imageshack or Flickr or Picassa orsome off-site image hosting service. They all have links ready made for you to just insert into your post. Haven't used those either but it all seems made to be easy so shouldn't be too hard.

Those are for images that are too big to be past the 90kn limit on here. I am OK at editing photos and scanning at lower resolutions etc to get most images to fit on here but it does take some practice. No master yet I for sure.

I was sitting here for days waiting for you (an exciting new member to me!) to post really neat scans of stamps and covers and other polar bear stuff. Now I am getting slow to move around, stiffening up in my joints, having to have orange juice brought to me with a straw (a straw for God's sake!) and eating pureed food. Still able to sit up and take nourishment though.

Is that popcorn? Can I have popcorn?
Learn More...
United States
4680 Posts
Posted 03/06/2011   11:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kirks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DOR --- this may help... http://goscf.com/t/11977
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05