Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

There Is A Fungus Among Us.

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 136 / Views: 26,633Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 06/28/2008   05:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey Bob you wouldn't happen to have any dupes of those would ya???

Yup
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Pillar Of The Community
USA
939 Posts
Posted 06/28/2008   3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cimarron_Warrior to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What would you want for some of the Dupes???? I really like those and think they would go good with my Romanians.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 06/28/2008   4:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cimarron:

Those are broken sets, I believe that Viet Nam, issues stamps in sets of six, those sets shown are only 5 stamps of the set.

Therefore, they are not for sale , anyway , you are just a tad bit
too late.

The stamps were sent out this morning to someone in Oklahoma.

No lets see, there is you, Gina, Walter, and his wife.

To be continued
A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
Posted 06/28/2008   10:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sneeky37 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cimarron_Warrior

Sorry I highjacked the topic of Fungi, but just couldn't help myself in posting to All Who have had to use a "Seabag" at one time or another.
In the future I'll try not to break the thread, but ya know Old Sailors are not always the sharpest tools in the shed, we get a little rusty from all that salt water don't ya know.!!
Pillar Of The Community
USA
939 Posts
Posted 06/29/2008   01:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cimarron_Warrior to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is ok Sneeky I just had to bust some bubbles. It's all good. I enjoy hearing the old stories like that. It reminds me of sitting in the barber Shop on Saturdays and listening to all the old war stories told there.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
939 Posts
Posted 06/29/2008   01:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cimarron_Warrior to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
OK Bobgggg. If they aren't comming to me then I'll just settle for those stamp PJ's of yours......LOL
Pillar Of The Community
USA
939 Posts
Posted 06/30/2008   4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cimarron_Warrior to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bob the 'shrooms arrived today and are enjoying the dark recesses of my collection quite nicely, Thank you very much for them. I think I am going to start working on a mushroom topical collection. I did some looking already to see what I was missing from the sets you sent and I found this site here......http://www.plant.uga.edu/mycology-h...m/stamps.htm .....and found out I have alot to start looking for. Thanks again for helping me get this topical started.
Edited by Cimarron_Warrior - 06/30/2008 5:01 pm
Valued Member
USA
137 Posts
Posted 06/30/2008   7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Charles to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, typical seabags DID grow mold and other fungi, so it wasn't so much of a stretch. Sometimes the contents did too. How 'bout that for for a stamp idea - a mold-covered Corafram (dress shoe) next to a seabag?

Charles.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
939 Posts
Posted 07/02/2008   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cimarron_Warrior to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL
There you go Charles that would be a good one for the oddity part of a collection.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2795 Posts
Posted 08/03/2012   12:58 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wellp, I got this mushroom stamp on a postcard the other day, and I think this is the thread for it... I think...

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31269 Posts
Posted 08/03/2012   8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

You may not collect PNG,
but these may grow on you...

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2795 Posts
Posted 08/04/2012   5:43 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have an Allman Brothers t-shirt with mushrooms on it... but I don't wear it away from the house!! ;-)
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 08/19/2012   12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Poisonous fungi,miniature sheet, Romania 1994, designer Anikó Gerendi.
The second is the deadliest (Death Cap), and as for the latine name: Amanita Phalloides - you see a young specimen too, near the bug.
The first one is Satan`s mushroom, and unfortunately sometimes it is
confused by beginners with the tasty Penny Bun (I`d say second tastiest in Europe after Ceaser`s mushroom, as I consider Truffle rather a spice than food)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7231 Posts
Posted 08/19/2012   12:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cimarron Warrior, if you want the Vietnamese fungi go to Delcampe.net and type in "Vietnam mushrooms" under stamps you get them both mint and used!
Pillar Of The Community
Romania
886 Posts
Posted 08/19/2012   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Wadmalatz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Malta 2009
Laetiorus sulphureus/Pleurotus eryngii/Montagnea arenaria/Inonotus indicus

Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 136 / Views: 26,633Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 5.48 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05