Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mussolini Tab?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 5,562Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 04/19/2013   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jamesw to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm posting in this section because I'm not quite sure what I have here. But I have some ideas.
Here's this little stamp picturing Benito in all his bald glory.

Here's what I know.
P. N. F. = The National Fascist Party (Partito Nazionale Fascista; PNF) was an Italian political party, created by Benito Mussolini as the political expression of fascism (Wikipedia)

Operaie e Lavoranti a domicilio = workers and homeworkers (Google translate)

No denomination so it's not a postal stamp.
The left side is toned, much like between a pair Italian parcel post stamps .

So my conclusion is this is a right side tab for a pair of stamps, possibly revenue, to benefit workers loyal to Mussolini's fascist party.

Am I close?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1545 Posts
Posted 04/20/2013   07:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a blue pair of what you're looking for. Scroll down. Still not a postal item:

http://stampwants-stamps.bidstart.c...52242/a.html
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by 22crows - 04/20/2013 07:55 am
Pillar Of The Community
2202 Posts
Posted 04/20/2013   08:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"AXX" stands for "Anno 20" (Year twenty after fascists took power, that is 1942, the fall was near...)
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 04/20/2013   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent. Thankyou gents.
It was heading for the cinderella album anyway.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1545 Posts
Posted 04/20/2013   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahem. One lady, one gent.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6525 Posts
Posted 04/20/2013   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
beg your pardon
Rest in Peace
United States
7097 Posts
Posted 04/20/2013   12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add I_Love_Stamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just seem a Benito M. postcard along with nazi propaganda and I believe it has the same image as on your stamp. Very interesting James.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 5,562Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 35.98 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05