Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

World Fairs And Expos Ephemera

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 165 / Views: 19,440Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stamperdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Seeing T360's 1904 St Louis Fair thread got me thinking about my world fair collection. Here are some of my admission tickets and other ephemeric items.

Image Insert:

Image Insert:

Image Insert:

Image Insert:

Image Insert:

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dude, interesting stuff..i have a couple of stubs from foreign stamp shows I will dig out...i pick up 1939 worlds fair postcards..it was a great year and my folks used to go there all the time !!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2736 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobgggg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamperdude..Great subject to start a topic on.

One of the senior members of my stamp club, has a topical collection
of World Wide Worlds Fair stamp issues.

It is not one of the most popular topicals to collect, however, he has his collection, which consists of stamps and covers, housed in 4, 3 inch D-Ring binders.
A Philatelic mind
is a terrible thing to waste
Edited by bobgggg - 12/10/2008 2:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   2:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been wanting to get a 1904 fair ticket, some even had a photo that was attached to the ticket. As well as a 1933 Century of Progress ticket. I hought I had one, but it was the 1939 ticket. I also like to get labels or cinderellas for philatelic shows.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bob of the 4 G's,
That collection would be a lot to haul around for a topical.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
1881 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nr-notrare to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamperdude....

Nice items.....love the engravings.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i am going to show 3 sheets that were only available for sale at the 1967 philatelic expo in Amsterdam 1967...i paid more than Mr. Scott suggests but there were the 3 pages in my album that needed filling !

APS 070059 Life Member International Society of Guatemala Collectors I.S.G.C. #853
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Heres one of three
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Heres the second !

Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 12/10/2008   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and number trois

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3889 Posts
Posted 12/11/2008   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great Items Phil and stamperdude.

I love to see all the different collections. Phil I didn't know you parle'd my language we'll have to converse some day.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 12/11/2008   08:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Diane, I had to ask my wife how to spell 3 !!
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 12/11/2008   10:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am going to show 3 sheets that were only available for sale at the 1967 philatelic expo in Amsterdam 1967...i paid more than Mr. Scott suggests but there were the 3 pages in my album that needed filling !

These sheets were also available at Post Offices but the set cost 2.70 Guilders above face value which included entrance to the exhibition. No wonder they are scarce......what ordinary citizen would want to pay 3 times the face value for stamps to gain an entry ticket to an exhibition he wasn't interested in !!???

Philb, I would be interested to know how much Scott's value them.

Nice thread this.
Thanks Stamperdude for showing such great and interesting items. I don't have any so old but will try to get to the scanner later and keep the thread hot !!

Londonbus1...... Loves a hot thread
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2972 Posts
Posted 12/11/2008   11:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperdude to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tom, I also like the engravings. The WCE tickets were made by the American Bank Note Company, the same people producing US stamps.

Phil, nice set of stamps

Diane, once again thank you for the kudos

Londonbus1, I also like a hot thread. Especially if I started it.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
9748 Posts
Posted 12/11/2008   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add philb to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Londonbus the 2008 scott shows them as a set of 3 stamps for 9.75 or 3.25 apiece I think they went up in value..i see now where it says they were issued in complete sets only together with a 2.50 guilder admission ticket..i had always thought you HAD to attend the show,so I appreciate the info..i paid 50 dollars for the 3 sheets so with the catalog at 97.50 now..i guess I did not do too bad !!
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6191 Posts
Posted 12/11/2008   2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I only collect Cinderella Exhibition material but those sheets are nice and I reckon at $50, not too bad a price at all.

I will see if I have anything for Amphilex 67.

or if not, some other bits
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 165 / Views: 19,440Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05