Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Turtle Stamps

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 256 / Views: 49,994Next Topic
Page: of 18
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32517 Posts
Posted 03/08/2010   01:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, me too Bee See, we had Turtle garbage everywhere under our feet.
I didn't like them Turtle boys too much, too Cocky.
My son graduated to "Shark" toys, not sure what you called them,
but people were horrified when he used to take them to the beach.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
32517 Posts
Posted 03/08/2010   01:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
excuse me they are not middle aged

Tch! We use <earth> years, Spock 1000

Argentina
4 Posts
Posted 04/18/2010   12:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pablo.dimaria to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A common turtle in Argentina :

Chelonoidis Chilensis "Tortuga de Tierra"

You can see also a first day cover in :

http://www.filateliaargentina.com.a...&cat=0&pos=0

I think that this stamp is the only Argentine turtle stamp.
Edited by pablo.dimaria - 04/18/2010 12:39 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2748 Posts
Posted 04/18/2010   08:43 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhh...I've thought of collecting turtle stamps as a topical and now I just might do it. I use to have all sorts of pet turtles when I was younger: Eastern Box, Wood, Snapping, Mud, Painted, Red Ear Slider, Snapping, Diamondback Terrapins, South African Bell Hingeback and my one of my favorited the Greek Tortoise. I would love to have a Leopard Tortoise (and there are private breeders...not wild caught). I just don't have time nor space for them now. Turtles can be very messy and need much attention.
Will

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2748 Posts
Posted 04/18/2010   1:56 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pablo: Argentina has one other turtle stamp, Scott B187d from 2002 - Chelonoidis carbonaria. I don't have picture of it, but it's a nice one that's part of a block of four stamp with other reptiles.
Will
Pillar Of The Community
1092 Posts
Posted 04/18/2010   4:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tina to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ok here is my turtle stamp

Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 04/18/2010   8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice stamp Tina. The tortoise is a Madagascar Radiated Tortoise, Geochelone radiata. It is sadly near extinct.
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 09/29/2010   01:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just received this wonderful Aldabra Tortoise sheet from Spock. Nice hexagon stamps which would even please the Puzzler!

There are actually two slightly different sheets. Thanks Spock!

BeeSee in BC
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2574 Posts
Posted 09/29/2010   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Never saw a sheet like that with hexagon stamps. Nice adding to a thematic collection.
Edited by timbres667 - 09/29/2010 08:10 am
Pillar Of The Community
2664 Posts
Posted 09/29/2010   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
you are welcome BC
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 09/29/2010   1:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aldabra Atoll, the Indian Ocean home of the tortoise, is an inedible incredible place...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldabra

BeeSee in BC
Edited by BeeSee - 09/29/2010 1:50 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 09/29/2010   1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There are actually two slightly different sheets.

Quote:
Never saw a sheet like that with hexagon stamps

They are both on page two !

Nice sheets

Londonbus1
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 09/29/2010   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks LB1, I am at my office and the images did not load...

BeeSee in BC
Rest in Peace
Canada
5701 Posts
Posted 09/29/2010   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you go to Aldabra, don't mess with this guy

BeeSee in BC
Pillar Of The Community
2664 Posts
Posted 09/30/2010   07:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spock1k to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
lol :)
Page: of 18 Previous TopicReplies: 256 / Views: 49,994Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05