Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Exaggerated Postcards

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
6532 Posts
Posted 05/16/2016   8:28 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3607 Posts
Posted 05/17/2016   01:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Q/ Are the "Washington Tooth Picks" exaggerated?

The diameter of less than 7' is credible.

The length of 180' (two flat cars) is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h, but possible.

After all, these are the ones that made it onto a postcard, right?

Q/ Where's littleriverphil, now that we need him?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Pillar Of The Community
United States
786 Posts
Posted 05/17/2016   02:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the toothpick claim is exaggerated, but the lumber is legit. Although you don't see old growth beams like that anymore.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
786 Posts
Posted 05/17/2016   2:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wish there was a Like button for the Carload of Stamps! :-)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3607 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   08:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I collect exaggerated postcards.

Q/ Who do they think they are kidding?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Learn More...
6532 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   08:49 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ikey,
He is real, his name is Knickers. Currently making the 'rounds' on the internet; he is an oversized Holstein steer from Australia. At 6 foot 4 inches at the shoulder and weighing about 3,000 pounds he dwarfs those other breed cows. Even for Holsteins Knickers is big; the average Holstein cow is about 4 feet, 10 inches tall at the shoulder and weighs about 1,500 pounds.

But Knickers is not the biggest bull of all time. Here is a big fellow from Great Britain that pushed 7 feet and weighed in over 4000 pounds. No BS.

Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1015 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ikeyPikey -- I can't remember the name of that cow in Australia but she's real and that's her correct size. She was featured (someone can correct me) on Sunday's NBC's Nightly News. Kate Snow aired a segment on the Black and White (Holstein?) cow.
Excuse the pun...HOLY COW... she's that big!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3607 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Q/ Would you guys please get your tongues out of my cheek?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey (who obviously needs a more smiley-aggressive posting policy)
Edited by ikeyPikey - 11/29/2018 2:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2611 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   5:09 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting thread! I just ran into it and have a card to share...

The "B&A" on the flatcar is a topic that will get New England railroad fans yappin'. The "B&A" was the Boston & Albany which ran straight across Massachusetts, BUT folks up in Maine called THEIR railroad, Bangor & Aroostook, the "B&A" though their reporting marks were "BAR"!

As for the potato, that argument is between Maine and Idaho...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1015 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For ikeyPikey

A little dark spicy mustard makes the best "tongue in cheek!"
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26349 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
See Knickers here........ (A Steer, not a cow)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11...eer/10567066
Edited by rod222 - 11/29/2018 7:13 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1015 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, rod222...sorry I missed "Knickers" name in your earlier post. You really know how to do things "BIG" down under. WOW!

Hal
Pillar Of The Community
United States
639 Posts
Posted 11/29/2018   10:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
James Corden was going on and on about Knickers on The Late Late Show last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shph4fPukPs
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26349 Posts
Posted 11/30/2018   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I read this as "Deschutes ? Loch Leven, from Bend, Oregon.
Where the fish are bigger than the liars" Myriad Photo.
Anyone recognise the truck?
Not my image, sent to me 2012.

Edited by rod222 - 11/30/2018 4:25 pm
Learn More...
6532 Posts
Posted 11/30/2018   4:39 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1946-7 Ford 79T Cabover Engine truck
Don

Edit to add image

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05