Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I just got a nice Big Blue Here are some pics

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
832 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   8:13 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got this today and it looks pretty good. It's supposed to have 32,000 stamps and 168 complete countries.

OK Just showing off, but one of the interesting things about this collection is that the US section is complete even all that back of book. I've never seen this before.

Now the WW is pretty good too;

Cape Juby still is elusive and some other empty spots look pretty easy but that's collecting.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1564 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike33 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!! Very nice!!

I could sure use something like that

Get a good deal?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
748 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   8:51 pm  Show Profile Check chris2015's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chris2015 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! Indeed. Beautiful pages.
Valued Member
Learn More...
345 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1840to1940 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive. In addition to the large number of stamps, exceptionally clean as these albums go.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
832 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   9:14 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I got a great deal on it, I was surprised it even came with slip cases and it is very clean. The only drawback is that it is a 1955 printing and the pages are thin and there are a lot countries printed back to back.

I find the blank spaces interesting, with many of them looking pretty easy to me. If folks are interested I will show a few of these.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
1420 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jkjblue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Ken!

Other than the US collection, that would probably go piecemeal, are you going to dispose of this on the 'Bay by country?

Just asking.
Classical era collecting with the Blues
http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com/
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
832 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   9:25 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I do. I'll break it up into about 250 lots and sell it over the next 4 months. I've thought about it and I'm going to sell the US by section ie. Regular, Cut Square, revenues etc.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3792 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice collection ,did you buy it at a stamp auction ? very clean .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
832 Posts
Posted 02/20/2018   9:54 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rasdale last Saturday. I asked for expedited shipping and it arrived today. Rasdale is very good to deal with.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2022 Posts
Posted 02/21/2018   06:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a nice clean collection. Someone was a good caretaker.
Al
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
Posted 02/21/2018   10:17 am  Show Profile Check wkusau's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice purchase. Clean albums are such a good flag for buying.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
951 Posts
Posted 02/22/2018   6:34 pm  Show Profile Check ray.mac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ray.mac to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't wait to bid on a bunch of the countries, Ken!
Ray
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1006 Posts
Posted 02/22/2018   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clean and meticulous. So many full or nearly-full pages, the aspirational goal of every philatelist.
Valued Member
Canada
134 Posts
Posted 02/24/2018   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a beautiful one indeed. Much tidier looking than mine :)
Valued Member
United States
28 Posts
Posted 02/24/2018   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ursa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What a stunning collection!

I'd love to get something like this someday--imagine the feeling of satisfaction one would get filling in the rest of the empty spaces, and the joy of showing such an album to another collector.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
571 Posts
Posted 02/24/2018   4:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking the same thing Ursa. I'm surprised there hasn't been an offer to buy the album intact!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.02 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05