Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Old And I've Got Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,670Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community

United States
1051 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   03:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Timm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was asked my why I wasn't concerned about the corona virus.
I replied "I'm old and I've got stamps!"

They asked, "What's that got to do with it?"
I said. Look, I've been sheltering in place since the beginning of November when the bad weather got here." "I didn't care because I'm old and I've got stamps." "When the weather started to get a little better the covid 19 virus showed up and we were told to shelter in." "Again, I didn't care because I'm old and I've got stamps."

"Now, some parts of the country is about to open up again but it's probably going to be longer for the elderly and those with heath problems." "Again, I don't care because I'm old and I've got stamps." "By the time it's safe for the elderly and those with heath problems to go out it will be the end of May." "The end of May starts the hay fever season here so I'll be sheltering in place for the next 6 weeks." "But I don't care because I'm old and I've got stamps."

So I figure if the world's lucky they'll see me sometime after the 4th of July." What if I run out of stamps? That's what eBay and others are for. They'll send you all you want to keep you busy while you shelter in place!"

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
867 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   03:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
434 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   06:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
216 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   07:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
couldn't have said it better.
Valued Member
Canada
73 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PMStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How true!!!
Valued Member
United States
359 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   12:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea, verily, verily!
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   12:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"I'm old and I've got stamps!"

Timm, I got it, too. It's a disease that's been around a long time. I caught it in my youth, and I just can't shake it.

Linus
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
941 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   1:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

That would make a great slogan for a T-shirt, coffee mug or mouse pad!

Dan
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
79 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It was 25 F here in Indiana in mid-April. Not problem, another evening I'll be able to work with my stamps instead of mowing or mulching. I have yet to have any concern with boredom during the stay at home. I have stamps. I have even enticed my teenage daughters help sort.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2706 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm old and I've got stamps and a bike. I've been training for social distancing for many years.

Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add restoman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Now where is the "like" button!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1612 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   10:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What if I run out of stamps?

I find it amusing that every one of us would feel forlorn and disoriented if we ran out of stamps, yet we work hard every day trying to achieve that very goal.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 04/16/2020   11:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm old and I've got stamps and a bike. I've been training for social distancing for many years.

Nice bike! thin frame, what year would that be?

I do 100 - 130 Km a week, I have to drive 20Km, to get a nice lonely 20Km stretch of road, with hills.
I don't trust drivers anymore, We lost a cyclist yesterday in Victoria.

Right now doing it on the indoor trainer.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2706 Posts
Posted 04/17/2020   12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice bike! thin frame, what year would that be?

rod222 it's 1987ish Tange Prestige steel frame I call "The Dale". It was built by Dale Duross for his own use at the time. Dale trained under Ben Serotta and then teamed with Rob Stowe and they built bikes here in Rochester. The Carbon Fiber craze (and likely other issues) pushed them out of the business.
I'm lucky it's a short ride to some great cycling roads. Unlucky that sometimes the off season (winter) can be long.

I also have a mid 90's Pinarello steel framed and a 2007 Specialized carbon framed.

If I'm riding with an aggressive group into some hills I go with the Specialized. If it's a calmer group I'll ride the Pinarello. For training rides, usually on my own, I ride "The Dale".
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
29888 Posts
Posted 04/17/2020   7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
I ride a 2005 ish GIANT CTR c2
I am in my twilight years, and no matter what, I rarely exceed 22-25 Kph
over distance. I can still do 120 kilometers, but takes me a week to get over it.
Perth used to close off the freeway, and we would do a 60Km ride on the weekend, 1000's would turn up. I miss that.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1051 Posts
Posted 04/17/2020   10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How did a thread about stamps turn into one about bicycles?
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 2,670Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05