Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Odd Shapes On Stamps (Including Hexagons)

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 167 / Views: 26,861Next Topic
Page: of 12
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 04/25/2011   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Czechoslovakia 1966 BRNO fair, possibly numismatic.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 05/01/2011   04:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Italy 1980 Philatelic Exposition

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 05/27/2011   6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Has this shapely specimen been shown before ?

Valued Member
United States
427 Posts
Posted 05/27/2011   6:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add butterfly to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Puzzler, do you have this one? If not, and you're interested, I'll save it for you.
Great Britain Lister Centenary

The hexagon with the OH above is an artist's representation of phenol, which is antiseptic (but also toxic).

Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
Posted 05/27/2011   7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add builderr to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
great, thanks.......now I am discovering a new interest....graphic designs in philately.......and Im ot done with my olympic collection yet...grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Of the top of your head, would anyone know if any of the Frank Lloyd Wright graphics have ever been use din stamps? I thought zi had seen something but im too lazy right now to look...and this adds to my 50 listings before I can go into the big boys lounge...:)
Valued Member
New Zealand
331 Posts
Posted 06/07/2011   12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add agustanz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you seen this cancel? It is a hex!
Regards
Gavin
New Zealand

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1513 Posts
Posted 06/17/2011   5:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bfranton to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1982 Worlds' Fair

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 07/06/2011   04:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Calling Puzzler, calling Puzzler......

I picked these up recently. The Telegraph stamp has been shown before and is in poor condition.....but a Hexagon nonetheless !

The next one is from an International Exhibition of the Book Industry and Graphic Arts that was held in Leipzig in 1914. A number of other poster stamps were also issued for this Exhibition.

The last three are labels issued privately for use in Hounslow [Middlesex] during the UK Postal Strike of 1971. There are also labels in Blue and Pink.
No evidence of Postal Use has been seen by this Poster.
They must be the most simple Labels issued by anyone during the strike !

On gummed paper, cut by hand to [seemingly] all shapes and sizes with simple Hexagon handstamp. The 'CH' was added seperately.

Londonbus1.....

Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 07/06/2011   09:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Puzzler, do you have this one?

Butterfly, no I do not, just starting out with some bumps in the road. Sorry to be late answering. I would like it and will pay (if it is not humungously expensive hopefully that is). Please email me.

Quote:
would anyone know if any of the Frank Lloyd Wright graphics have ever been used on stamps?

Builderr, no I don't know. What are the Frank Wright graphics by the way? Have to look this up now.

Quote:
Have you seen this cancel?

Gavin, No I haven't seen that one specifically but others similar from Spain and Portugal and colonies. Nice to see, picture saved for reference and searching. Thanks! Doug

Quote:
1982 Worlds' Fair

Barb, nice cover and stamp, thanks for sharing. There is actually a stamp from the Netherlands for EUROPA that is similar in design, don't have as expensive. Luxembourg I think?

Quote:
Calling Puzzler, calling Puzzler......

Londonbus, I have awakened! lol
Nice hexagons indeed. Nice scan of the Belgium telegraph. So far I have been paying attention to the outward shape but now can see the lovely details in the engravings. Thank you.

Fascinating the Postal Strike stamps / labels. I was actually thinking of getting a hand-stamp made in a hexagon shape to use on my outgoing envelopes somewhere (back perhaps, don't want to rouse the posties with a misplaced cancel!)
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 07/06/2011   10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Puzzler,

All those above are in an envelope with your name on it !

I'll just wait a bit longer to see what I can add to it.

After the nice packet I got from you [see Feedback thread], a few more stamps are needed for the return journey.

Londonbus1
Edited by Londonbus1 - 07/06/2011 10:18 am
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 07/06/2011   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wot?! I thought I still owed you? And everyone else too.
Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 09/10/2011   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's another for Puzzler's next envelope.

Dutch Bolletje Biscuits Poster stamp

Londonbus1
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 09/10/2011   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That looks lovely. It looks as if he might have been into the pies at the bake shop also.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/24/2011   12:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Spain / Espana 1981 skiing stamp
Wikipedia:

Quote:
The Universiade is an International multi-sport event, organized for university athletes by the International University Sports Federation (FISU). The name is a combination of the words "University" and "olympiad".

Also can be called the World University Games or World Student Games
Nice hexagons (snow flake and body of skier)!

Pillar Of The Community
Israel
6190 Posts
Posted 07/31/2012   01:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Londonbus1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A nice lady in Aberdeen, Scotland just sent me these. One is shown up there somewhere [last year] but here is a set [I think ].

This will be winging it's way to Puzzler tomorrow with a few others I have had for ages and keep promising to post.
They will be gone tomorrow.

Also, I have a lovely item [no scan] which is sitting at my UK address and will be posted from there in September !

Hexagonbus1
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 167 / Views: 26,861Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05