Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does Anyone Have Postcards With Cars On Them?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3882 Posts
Posted 06/26/2019   12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
Goodness, lad, I think you've nailed it !

Thank you,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Bulgaria
284 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   12:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are some cars parked near the Jefferson Memorial in Washington, D.C.
Maybe someone can recognize the model of the black one.

Postcard of the early sixties (the cancel on the back is from 1963).
Publisher: L.B. Prince Co. (Arlington, VA)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3293 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The National Opera in Riga Latvia, postmarked 21 January, 1931. Note the horse-drawn carriages parked on the right side of the building.

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6411 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does this count?
Chicago 1908

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6411 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some more from Canada

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2699 Posts
Posted 09/20/2019   5:09 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jamesw - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... ;-)
Valued Member
Canada
32 Posts
Posted 11/17/2019   1:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried many times to determine the car pictured on this card but no luck.
Anyone know the make model and year of this car?

Cheers, Bill

Pillar Of The Community
United States
772 Posts
Posted 11/23/2019   12:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Returning to this card I posted last year:

I wrote:

Quote:
I think you're right about it looking east on Bancroft, but you wouldn't be able to see the Campanile from this angle; it would be too far off to the left. The building visible beyond the greenery looks vaguely like International House (which opened in 1930), and that's where it would be in relation to this intersection.

It turns out that I was wrong. Yesterday I saw a large photograph of this intersection from roughly the same time, and the street sign on the cross-street (by The Owl Drug) says BANCROFT. So the postcard has us on Telegraph, looking north toward the campus, with Sather Gate down at the end of it, hardly visible, and Wheeler Hall beyond that (yellowish in the picture). The Campanile is hidden from view by the tall buildings on the northeast corner of the intersection.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3882 Posts
Posted 12/02/2019   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

http://goscf.com/t/640&whichpage=12#620325 ... Bill's car (above) is as yet unidentified

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey (who thinks that the best part of this RPPC are those faces, and those young ladies in their hats)

Postmarked 19080104 US NH Union
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2288 Posts
Posted 12/05/2019   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There where a few here on Main St Fort Bragg in 1928, might be why they took the photograph.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1257 Posts
Posted 12/05/2019   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A modern view.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2288 Posts
Posted 12/05/2019   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. Not a heck a lot more cars though. To be fair, anything coming this way is headed up towards the lost Coast. Or to Leggett and Hwy 101, where Lane Redwood Flat is/was. A few more cars here.

The photo side of this card was a bonus, bought it for the RPO, seller didn't show it, and we can see why, scanned it twice, thought that was a cat hair, doesn't show so much in hand.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
51 Posts
Posted 12/08/2019   12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mestephil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From 1905. It was posted in Monson, Mass to Stockton, Calif - a Christmas greeting.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1140 Posts
Posted 12/08/2019   07:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampfan9 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My parents had a red 1960 Rambler station wagon. the one odd feature that I remember is that it had a push button automatic transmission. Many fond memories of riding in the back with my younger brother and Cap our spaniel.

Robert
Edited by stampfan9 - 12/08/2019 07:31 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
51 Posts
Posted 12/08/2019   3:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mestephil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Dad bought a Rambler in '56 and his 2nd in '62. I was in the back for a cross country trip that year until they left me in a gas station in Ohio...

Dad declared the Rambler the best car ever made, but I seemed to notice he was always fiddling with it.
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05