Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Us Your Classic Canada Stamps!

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 353 / Views: 52,979Next Topic
Page: of 24
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
Posted 07/19/2014   3:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add koala to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Puzzler :
Quote:
"The left lower corner may have had a paper fold, which at the time was unsightly, and so was cut squrae to conform by someone perhaps. Mayhap the outer line has been redrawn over but further cleaning or handling arased any extra green?"

good analyse... my first thoughts was "missing ink" theory or a fold during the printing, but the outer line as you have noted deserves more questionning, I think ??!
Another good look at the stamp make me believe it is genuine... perhaps another item to send to Vance for an evaluation??!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
676 Posts
Posted 07/19/2014   4:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would send it to the VG Greene Foundation. Interesting stamp.
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
Posted 07/19/2014   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add koala to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
no choice

watermark : when there is an hesitation on this stamp of this value...it will be posted this coming Monday to Vincent Greene

Thanks puzzler
Edited by koala - 07/19/2014 7:05 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1026 Posts
Posted 08/04/2014   10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chipg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some new large queens:

12c missing lower left frame line (Unitrade 28ii):

Pair of 15c grey violet. Right stamp with "Pawnbroker" flaw - 3 dots at 1 o'clock of the arc next to the lower right "15" (Unitrade 29ii):

Nice 15c blue grey (Unitrade 30b):

Edited by chipg - 08/04/2014 10:39 am
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
Posted 08/29/2014   07:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add koala to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ref. page 20,
it is a forgery by Oneglia... no idea how much it worth?!

Edited by koala - 08/29/2014 07:27 am
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 09/22/2014   10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mudhut1000 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I've read up on "Classical stamps" and am still not sure what Canadian stamps are considered as Classical.

Anything here of value?

Thanks in advance!
Edited by mudhut1000 - 09/22/2014 11:28 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6520 Posts
Posted 09/26/2014   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Mudhut.
There is a rarity in there! In the centre of your third image, the 20 stamp has a major error! The C in Canada has been replaced by a P, and the D has been replace with an M! Huge mistake in the design, and, oh, wait a second... that stamp COULD be from Panama. Let me check back with my catalogue.

Sorry, couldn't resist. All kidding aside, they're all pretty common, though a nice basis for a classic Canadian collection.
Pillar Of The Community
7285 Posts
Posted 09/26/2014   3:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Jamesw....you kill me......
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1026 Posts
Posted 09/26/2014   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chipg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
some uncommon things

7 1/2 pence (Unitrade 9)

6 cent large queen with re-entry in "Postage" (Unitrade 27iii)
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
Posted 09/27/2014   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mudhut1000 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Greetings chiog! Thanks for adding to this thread. I appreciate it!

By the way, did I say that these Canadian Classics were to be in the Foreign stamp Giveaway starting tomorrow? Link to giveaway:

http://goscf.com/t/39651#338332

Have a great day!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1026 Posts
Posted 01/08/2015   5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chipg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been a while, so thought I'd show a few more:

7 pence with the error in the top right " (Unitrade 9iv)

6 pence reddish purple (Unitrade 10)

Valued Member
Canada
305 Posts
Posted 01/08/2015   5:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coriandre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very very nice stamps !
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
1294 Posts
Posted 01/08/2015   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gilles le timbre to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive these number 9iv and 10. They are still on my bucket list....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
676 Posts
Posted 01/08/2015   5:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chipg, Go to: http://www.re-entries.com/pence_seven_half.html and you will find out more about your 7 1/2d stamp. I told Ralph I thought these two stamps might be major misplaced entries and he determined they were. A write up accompanies his images.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1026 Posts
Posted 01/08/2015   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chipg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
WaterMK:
I've seen the write-up on the site, including the analysis of the two different "varieties" of this "error." Very informative and very persuasive argument.

I frequent that site often. A ton of useful info (and some big scans of the re-entries that I use to highlight my album pages).
Chip
Page: of 24 Previous TopicReplies: 353 / Views: 52,979Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 5.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05